Let’s learn how to play slots.
An GDWON333 slot machine is not too difficult. Especially, if you play a classic three-reel machine. There’s nothing to do with them. But what if you want to play a five-reel video slot, finish with bonus rounds, mini-games and a progressive jackpot?
Then, it’s not as easy as just inserting your coins and hitting spin. You need also know what all the various features and winning combos are.
Here’s the common pathway to playing a slot machine.
– Select a slot machine. We have a guide which shows you all the various types of slot machines
you can choose to play. Give that a quick look if you’re not sure, and then come back.
Determine how much money you want to play with and the denomination you will play in. Your choices will range from .01 to $5+ for each line.
Now you will want to choose how much to bet per spin. You can either:
– Bet per line – Click this once for each line you want to wager. Each line will add to your total bet. For instance, if you are playing in denominations of .10, each line will charge you .10.
– Bet max– This will bet the maximum number of lines at the denomination you have selected. For instance, a 40-line machine at a denomination of .10 charges you $4 for each pin.
– Hit spin (if you select the max bet it’ll spin for you).
That’s all you need to do. If you earn money, it will be added to your total credits.
Then you can choose to cash out, spin again by using the same settings as before, or select new settings and play again.
Most slot machines will have extra options too:
– Sound – Turn the sound up, down ,off.
– Autoplay – Just pick up a denomination and lines and just let the machine do all the work.
– Graphics / Quality – If you are on a slower access, you can use this option to reduce or remove the graphics so you will not experience delays.
– Turbo Play
That’s all there is to playing a slot machine.
Next, let’s look at how to read a slot machine (so you know when you gain winnings and how much) and all various features they come with.
Reading a Slot Machine and the Various Features
Reading a machine is rather easy. You should know what the trick is?
Just open up the slots ‘key’ or ‘view pays’ or their ‘learn more’ item. This will inform you the various
combinations you need to earn money.
The larger payouts will have one thing in common – usually the first three reels will need to have the
same symbol. But they do not always need to be on the same line.
Bonus round combos will often ignore reels. In other words, it will be the first, third and fifth reel. But
other times it will be all 5
The smaller payouts will often have a combination of symbols. Those may or may not be explained on
their payout page. For instance, Greedy Goblins (a 3D slot from BetSoft) merely explains their top nine
combinations – but there are more than thirty of them which activate payouts.
Each game is not the same, so we suggest checking out the payout page each time you try a new machine.
We would pay more attention to what activates the various features like bonus rounds, mini
games, multipliers and so on since these will be the most fun to play.
Speaking of the features of online slot, here are the things you can do or win on most modern slot
– Paylines – The number of lines which pay. The more lines you play (bet on) the larger your
chances of hitting a winning combo. But also remember that the more lines you play the more
money you have to spend for each spin.
– Bonus Rounds – These are special rounds activated by hitting a special combination (often
include bonus symbols). Within these rounds you play mini games such as memory, spin dice, or
select a symbol from a lot of symbols. The result is usually free spins, credits/money, and more
mini games, etc.
– Stackable Wilds – These are neat wilds since instead of just having one per reel, these can sit on
top of each other giving you some chances at a winning line or activating a bonus round.
– Nudge and Hold – These options are more common in the UK. The idea is to give you greater
control. With the nudge feature you can push a reel up or down. And with the hold feature you
can hold an total reel when the others re-spin or go on spinning.
– Free Spins – Free spins are like getting free credits. These are spins you do not pay for, yet can
still earn money, more free spins, and jackpots or activate bonus rounds with.
– Cascading Wilds – These wilds vanish after the reels stop spinning (which you can still first win
money or bonus rounds from). Then new symbols will drop from the top to fill in the gaps giving
you more chances of winning. Think slots meets Tetris.
– Sticky Wilds – These are random wilds you get during your free spins. They usually stay put for
the duration of your free spins.
– Scatter Symbols – These are symbols which can appear anywhere on a reel and give you a win
even if it’s not on the pay-line.
– Multipliers – These are numbers used to increase your winnings. You’ll usually get multipliers at
random, for hitting special combinations or as an award from a bonus round. If you get a 2x
multiplier you’ll double your winnings while a 3x multiplier will triple your winnings. With some
slot machines you can even save multipliers so that when you play a bonus round you can win
LOTS of money.
Keep in mind that online slot machines will usually have all or a combination of these features. The best
way to find out is to check out the ‘what pays’ or ‘key’ page. That will tell you everything you need to
know about the machine so you can decide if it sounds fun and is worth playing.